Important things to know:
- Please do not come to class if you have a cough, sneezing, runny nose, shortness of breath, fever, sore throat or any other symptoms. Thank you.
- Refrain from wearing scented creams, perfumes, colognes and the likes to prevent sneezing and coughing.
- Please do not arrive more than 10 minutes prior to the start of your class.
- Sanitized props will be available. If you have your own you are encouraged to bring them.
- Dress in layers as temperatures vary and fans are not being used at this time.
- At the end of class please gather your belongings and exit so that the room can be prepared for the next class.
Qi means “life energy” and gong means “work”; together Qigong means working with life energy. The exercises are designed to improve flow and quality of Qi and harmonize mind, body and breath, thereby increasing overall health. The class will practice various Qigong exercises such as Tai Chi/Qigong 18 form, five animal frolics, eight brocades and meditation for mind relaxation. The techniques can be adjusted for individual fitness levels and/or limitations. Class will be held in Gym 2.
Please Note: We are not able to accommodate drop in participants or guests for this program. Space is limited.
TAI CHI BaFa WuBu FORM
Translated: BaFa is eight methods, WuBu is 5 different steps. All Tai Chi styles use BaFa WuBu methods for their foundations. The form is newly created for the purpose to help students to understand the underlying foundations of the art. There is a balance of both left and right as well as the step pattern of centre, forward, backward, left and right. The form takes about 2 minutes to complete once learned and takes 6’ by 7’ for completion. Class will be held in Gym 2.
Please Note: This class is for individuals with Tai Chi experience. A beginner class may be offered at a later date. We are not able to accommodate drop in participants or guests for this program. You must pre-register. Space is limited.
TAI CHI 108 Form Practice
Note: this is not a lesson. It is a practice for individuals with some experience in the 108 Form. Practice will take place in Gym 2.