The Lethbridge Senior Citizens Organization (LSCO) is a locally, provincially and nationally recognized leader in the provision of supports and services for our older adult population. We are seeking an enthusiastic and energetic Fund Development Coordinator who will lead sustainability initiatives to ensure our organizational viability.
If you are:
– Persistent and tactful;
– Able to work under pressure;
– An excellent communicator, both verbally and written;
– Organized and have great time-management skills;
– Adept at project management;
– And excellent at working with volunteers;
Then you are the person we need to be our Fund Development Coordinator.
Your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Implement and manage fund development strategies
- Organize and implement special events and fundraising campaigns
- Raise money for programs, services, operating budgets and capital needs
- Build endowment funds to secure long-range and sustainable sources of funding
- Build and maintain donor and prospect databases
- Maintain positive relationships with donors and supporters and develop strategies to encourage new donations and support
- Make requests for donations or sponsorship from corporations, foundations and key individuals
- Recruit, orient and acknowledge volunteers
- Prepare proposals and grant applications
- Make presentations to service organizations, corporations, foundations and other community groups and individuals to solicit donations
- Handle public relations activities such as writing news releases, newsletters and feature stories and participating in radio and television interviews
- Ensure fund development programs comply with regulatory requirements and organizational policies
- Prepare presentations and reports for donors on the impact of their gifts
- Facilitate progress meetings
- Analyze program results and recommend improvements for future fund development activities
Closing date: as soon as a suitable candidate is found
Wage range: $24.00 – $26.00/hr base plus participation in a progressive commission scale
Regular hours of work: 37.5 hrs/week, some evening and weekend work will be required for event-related duties
Benefits: Extended Health and Dental available after three months, Group RRSP available after one year. Vacation benefit starts at 15 days/year.
Click on link below to download or print the PDF of the job description.
Fund Developer Coordinator
Submit your application to: